Four days.

Four days to decide the offer, not four days to repair the family.

Separating those timelines was the first useful decision I made that morning.

If we went, Graham would say I had run away.

If we stayed, I feared part of me would be staying to prove I had not.

Both possibilities left my father deciding the reason.

I did not want either.

Adrian asked what I wanted from Seattle itself.